DIY Makeup Frame:
Hey guys! So If your like me then I’m willing to bet you probably have way too much makeup and not enough space. Looking for a creative way to use that space? Here’s how to make a SUPER cute makeup fame!
What you’ll Need.
- A Frame
- A metal sheet that fits the frame (go to home depot, these are cheep and they can cut it for you if needed)
- Any cute piece of scrapbooking paper cut to fit the fame.
- circular magnets (JoAnns is good for that)
- Makeup that needs organizing!
- Pick out your fame and paper, make sure your metal sheet is cut to fit the fame and then use the metal sheet as a stencil for cutting the scrapbooking paper.
- Open your frame and remove the paper insert that us usually in premade frames as well as the glass.
- Lay your paper in the frame so the pretty side of the paper is being presented, then take your metal frame and lay it over the paper.
- Reattach your backing.
- Now take any makeup you’d like to put on the board (I highly suggest putting your most used products on the frame and hanging it closest to where ever you do your makeup) and take the small circular magnets, make sure you get the kind with a sticky backing, stick them to your products and now they will cling to the board!
If your too nervous to put your cosmetics on magnetically, try using Velcro and rather then put the glass in front of your paper, put it behind.
This also is great for organizing other things like necklaces, instead of the metal sheet put a cork board behind the paper and then put a few cute thumbtacks in and you’ve got a great way to organize and display your neclaces!
These lace covered jars are sooooo preeeetty. I’d like to do this with tiny jars (like baby food jars!)
This picture doesn’t have a source where I found it, but I found it on We Heart It!
(Source: thehandmadeforest, via tatiana-scissorhands)
DIY Inspiraton Victoria’s Secret Beach Coverup. How hard can this be to figure out? Cotton jersey rectangle with straps?Experiment with towels/fabric first to get the cut right. $49.50 from Victoria’s Secret here.
If you want it done, you've got to do it yourself.: 52 Reasons Why I Love You! -
(I’d like to point out I’ve seen some spectacular ones online so, if you want to see something better than the one I made you can lurk in my Archives or google “52 Things I Love About You” or “52 Reasons Why I Love You”) Moving on..
Okay, Here is the second thing I made for Zach for our two…
Prepare to get messy!
Time: 2 hours + dry time
Materials: canvas, self-stick vinyl stickers, paint, brush
For anyone who is curious, I used the last line of one of my favorite poems by Max Ehrmann found here. If you need help with the paint splattering technique, watch this quick video.
1. Buy plates from Dollar Store.
2.Get some sharpies or porcelain pens!
3. Write/draw something. Just get creative!
4. Bake for 30 mins in the 150 degrees(I’ve also read to do it at 350 degrees so I must figure out which one is more effective. I’m leaning towards the 150.) in the over oven and it’s permanent! :D